It is nearly 60 degrees today, so we can say HAPPY SPRING. You know what that means …. recital is in the air.
- 4th Term begins March 13, 2017. Tuition is due at this time.
- Joey Hernandez is coming to the studio on Sunday, March 19, 2017 for the Hip Hop Clinic. There are only a few spots left. 1-2:30 pm for 7-11 year olds. 2:30-4:00 pm for Middle School. 4-5:30 pm for High School and Adult. Cost is $35. Please consider this really fun opportunity to further your dance education.
- Summer Registration is ready. Please see attached flyer. We have a NEW! Jr. Dance Camp for 5-7 year olds! VDS.SummerBrochure.2017.OnePage
- Recital T-Shirt orders are due March 20th. Double check your name is posted correctly. All student names will be listed on the back of the T-shirt. The recital theme is Cinema Spectacular. We attached an Order form. T-shirt order form2017
- We have costume try-on the week of April 3. Most costumes will be in, but be patient. We will wait until all the costumes have arrived for a class before they try them on.
- Spring Break is April 10-15.
As always, please call the studio with any questions. (608) 241-4988. See you at the movies …
Joey Hernandez is the artistic director of Resilience Dance Company (Rockford, IL) a pre-professional mentorship program. He is a first-generation college graduate receiving his B.A. in Dance and Health & Society from Beloit College where he has been privileged to return as a visiting instructor for the Dance Department and Upward Bound Program. Currently Joey can be found as the associate lecturer of Hip-Hop at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. In addition, to teaching dance theory & composition at Carthage College. Prior to his positions with U-W Milwaukee and Carthage he was on faculty at Millennium Dance Complex Chicago.
Performance credits include: Carnival Los Angeles & Chicago, The Millennium Experience, The Miss Illinois Pageant, Harvest Chicago Contemporary Dance Festival, American College Dance Festival Gala, Summerfest (Milwaukee, WI), and Legends in Concert (Las Vegas, NV).
Joey has had the privilege to set pieces for: Chicago’s Choreographers Carnival, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, SueMo: A Dance Experience, Madison Contemporary Vision, and The Milwaukee School of the Arts. Joey as contributed guest classes at the Athletic Garage (Pasadena, CA), Fuzion Dance (Chicago, IL) and award winning choreography for many dance studios and high school dance teams across the United States. In addition, to being a featured instructor for Dance Masters of Wisconsin Inc & Chicago National Association of Dance Masters. Joey has the great fortune to be a judge for Applause Talent, Shake the Ground and StarQuest Dance. In his most recent venture Joey has started an open in studio workshop series titled “Dance-4-Change”, to promote advocacy, awareness, and raise donations in support of the Crohn’s Colitis Foundation of America. (CCFA.Org).
Stay up to date on Joey’s recent work on social media via Instagram: joey_hernandez23 or Twitter: @joeyhernandezdance.